Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm back.. to finish what I started..

My one beloved told me a long time ago that she collected the pages I tore off and threw away..
I asked why would she collect my rejected lines.. She said that one day I might not write anymore.. and these will be of immense value..

This a an attempt to collect all my poetry. Most are in my hard drive and some are in old notebooks.. Most are very personal.. and all have appeared somewhere else before..

I'll try to add a history and geography of each poem.. if I remember why, where and when I wrote them.. I don't remember much.. So this is an attempt to write them down before I forget the little I recollect. .

here's one..

ami anek durer theke tomay nisthobdo pakhimone dekhechi.
borshaklanto nihshaschara matir moton.
je nihshaase mishe thake...
ghasful,pipre,aar foringer nishchupkotha.
borshaklanti asheneme ashe tomar sorire.
17 august 2003

and another on the same lines..

prati raat naksatrer,prati raat kobitar hobe...
besh koekbar kanna,besh koek bar shirsha sukh/
ek fota nistabdata tomake chenabe.....tomar mukh.
tumi ek fota surela ratrir moton/
megh pahar, megh, megher sabda akashe/
serokom aalo aar gaan/
gaan othe anek gabhire,anek gabhire magnatay nirlipta she gaan.

August 2003

Now.. these were written for a asshole I have worked hard to forget. But they're poems never the less.. I wrote at lightning speed at that time.. mostly extempore.. over IM Chat.. and I dont like them too much now..

1 comment:

Anindya Sengupta said...

"My one beloved told me a long time ago that she collected the pages I tore off and threw away..
I asked why would she collect my rejected lines.. She said that one day I might not write anymore.. and these will be of immense value.. "

What sort of coincidence is this! Actually inviting you to read my humble little blog. If you kindly read the posts in the category called 'ragpicker's story' you will know about another woman who tears and throws away poetry!

Please click the link below (cause clicking my name can take you to a neglected blogger blog) :)

http://lovesragpicker.wordpress.com